Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday has always been a favorite day of mine. I love the story of the Resurrection and the optimism of Spring. The older I get, the more I marvel at the Easter memories of my Mom - coloring a couple dozen eggs with us, putting together six Easter baskets, getting six kids and herself ready for church (my Dad was "warming up" the car waiting!) and assembling a holdiay feast for all, which usually included company (my two bachelor uncles). She also worked full-time outside the home! Geeesh- I pale by comparison. All I had to do this year was get a couple of baskets ready, boil six eggs, get two kids to Mass and roasted a chicken for dinner.

Coloring eggs Saturday morning:

1 comment:

For The Love of Four Chinasprouts said...

Wow Ann, you have been busy blogging! Loved it all!!!